View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #84
SCOTI

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Here's a direct link to Benji's post, which shows the 20x10s on the rear of his '72 without any apparent spacers....
Keep in mind, that truck is a 72 which has the wider (by approx .750 each side) rear 12-bolt. That would explain why they fit w/o spacers/adapters vs. the shorter housing from a 6x-70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildstreak
I know what bs is need 5-5.5 but would the larger backspace give it a larger lip? just curious
Opposite.... more back spacing within the same width of a wheel means less 'lip' on the outside. Less BS = more lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mistressc10
So in other words this is the reason why one "shouldn't", in your opinion, run 20x8.5 all the way around, unless the individual is planning on running a spacer in the rear, correct?
20x10 will fit in the rear for my truck, I was just thinking of the rotating purposes for the 20x8.5 all the way around, but if it won't look right, then I would rather go with staggered.
I like staggered sizing front to rear. I've never owned a vehicle w/the same width F/R thus have never rotated tires. If you don't mind the same size 8.5" front & rear, they should work w/o spacers. The 20x10's appear to work for the rear of 71-72's w/o issue looking @ the pic of Benji's truck (nice truck @ that).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-22-2010 at 01:26 PM.