View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #49
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Blazer/Jimmy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
Ok Tim, I still haven't gotten over to see the Highlander Blazer but it is coming along. He just got it back from paint, got the seat covers from SMS and has a few questions. It is a YG8 and has no body side moldings listed on the SPID so does that mean no moldings upper or lower? Second the mirrors are listed as 1DF210 camper stainless, are the mirrors in the pic of Dirts72 Blazer correct? Thanks for all the info, I swear I will get over to see it and take some pics. I have a pic of the SPID on my phone but I don't know how to post it.
Good questions that point out some basic differences between the Blazers and Pickups.

While the Highlander trucks upgraded the Custom Deluxe (RPO Z62) trim level, Blazers upgraded the CST (RPO Z84) trim level. As such they were the only cloth buckets offered in the utility/truck line.

Since the CST (Z84) included the Custom Moldings BX2 as part of the option, they generally would not be listed seperately on the SPID. Blazers were not available with the upper/belt molding like the trucks were.

Yes, the mirrors included with the Highlander Promo Packages were the DF2 Stainless Camper Mirrors, Just like Dirt72's.

Blazer CST RPO Z84 (mandatory option)
Avocado 680
Blue 677
Gray 671
Orange 686

Promo Package codes,
Added:
A= YG6 Plaid Trim, Special Wheelcovers C10/K5 (PA1) or Chrome Hubcaps K10/K5 (PO3), Door Edge Guards and Stainless Camper Mirrors DF2.

B= YG7 (includes A) Adds Turbo-Hydramatic Trans., Power Steering and Tilt.

C= YG8 (includes A and B) Adds A/C and Tint.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote