View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #498
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Ulitmate Craigslist find thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68panelman View Post
That is cool, would make a hell of a food truck. Lend me a dollar and pick it up for me?
Sure, but I need another dollar for gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannny B View Post
The Cortez was produced by Clark forklift company. All the early ones came with a slant 6 and a manual trans. They had torsion bar suspension and drove very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
just found out searching it that in 71 they went with a old toranado 455/3 speed auto driveline for the new system .
Definitely something that should be saved. Someone with more money than sense must have let it sit like that. These were premium camper machines and surely would be a big hit with vintage camper collectors. I wish I could jump on it, but couldn't stick it inside or come close to starting work on it any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty69 View Post
Good looking 74 COE 6500 GMC w/ BBC and a big SPID! Only $4000!

This is a 1974 gmc big narly dump truck...

Whenever I see those big old COEs, I wonder what it would be like to shorten it up and build it like the old Jeep FC pickups. Maybe even a 4x4 conversion with 2.5 ton military running gear...
No picture? Is this the tilt cab like the white one above?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3757chevy View Post
I saw this one yesterday on craigslist. https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/c...686432443.html ...not a bad buy from what you can see.
Sure can't see much in that ad. Real enthusiastic about selling, ey? It does appear to be decent and it would be perfect for me. Nice beefy little dumper a skid loader could load easily.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote