View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: Project Wayne 1951 Ford Fun-1 S10 swap

i had the chassis in the back yard for a year which, married guys know, just makes married women extremely happy. to be fair i would have taken it to the storage building but its full of other s10 chassis and old trucks. cest la vie! well now its in the driveway CHECKMATE shes bound to be happy about that.

I switched out the torque thrusts for some stock second gen s10 wheels. its a second gen frame but the centerbore of the axle and front hubs makes me think dave switched to super first gen parts. for the unaware or otherwise uninterested, the brilliant guys at GM changed the centerbore from 70.5mm to 70.3mm so if you put second gen wheels on a first gen and crank the lugs down tight you might want to invest in a on-truck tire changer because they are never coming off. since they are just rollers for the project I just snugged em up.

i got this sweet little heavy duty cart on facebook marketplace. it is perfect to move cabs and heavy stuff around alone, you just rock the cab forward and slide it under.

the drivers window didnt want to roll down, so i left the door open to use my (neighbors) a-frame and dual 4x4 cab lifter.

Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote