View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #77
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte0185 View Post
So you will have to raise the center section between the wheel wells approximatley 6.5-7 inches depending on if you want to run an cross sill or not. Wonder what it would take to run a 4 bar like this with bags and not cut the frame or bed? Just getting ideas for mine. Sorry. but thanks for the info. Its looking great.
Correct. Center section is raised about 6.5".

You could run a 4-bar set-up that is positioned lower F/R while being parallel for more clearance or run a set-up that's not parallel. I considered Ride Techs set-up & Porterbuilts. But, I went the direction I did based on budget goals.

I don't see how you can do any moderate amount of drop w/o cutting into the frame unless it's only getting lowered for sitting still. I drive my stuff low so a c-section was a must have. Since it is a C30, I felt that there should be no compromise in frame strength & went w/step notches to allow a full height (strength) frame section. The trade off is some bed area is lost but I would prefer that compromise vs a strength related one.

I have a full 4+ inches of clearance before the bumpstop touches.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote