View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
1971longbedc10

[QUOTE=In The Ten Ring;8060754]OK, have to correct you Doc, those screws are #8-32, not #6. I used Tractor Supply's screw-into-scale thingie and those are definitely #8-32. At least on my truck those screws are.....may be variation on that depending on assembly factory.

So I bought #8-32 in 3/4 inch length and screwed those in. Two were too long but since I didn't have 1/2 inch versions and didn't want to use a hacksaw, I used two nuts as "washers" since washers wouldn't fit the space.

I'll go back for 1/2 inch machine screws later.

One thing is for sure, the longer screws helped but that is one area the truck could have been better designed. Also, the original screws are tapered, I would love to find 1/2 and 3/4 inch tapered machine screws in #8-32.[/QUOTE

I just wanted to say thanks for the information! I found the #8-32 screws were the exact fit for the headlight rings on my 71. I bought some led headlights off amazon and they sat out far enough that the original screws wouldn’t reach so I got the longer screws from the hardware store and they worked great and saved me from having to do anything to the buckets. Once again thanks for the info guys it saved me a lot of grief and made my installation go smooth!
Posted via Mobile Device
1971longbedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote