View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #13
BrentBTK

Re: Project Ssybil Begins

Man. What a couple days. Got a ride to go get the "included" bearings, got back, and realized I didn't get the inner seals. Grr. My bad, but at this point I'm starting to get frustrated with Counter Guy and multiple trips. My ride takes me back for the seals, and as I'm leaving I say, "I really don't want to see you again." Yeah, right. Go to put the bearings in, and the inners are too small. WTF?? BAH!!! Of course, there's 2 options, and Counter Guy failed to mention that when I picked them up. Breathe... Back to the store I go to exchange the bearings and not kill Counter Guy. Bearings go in like a champ, rotors slide onto the new drop spindles, whew...okay. I think we're cooking with gas. Time to load the new pads into the calipers and put em on. 2 problems. First, the hoses are now too short, the line is too tight to get the caliper on. Well, there goes any hope of driving her this week. Extended brake lines found and ordered. Second, the new pads seem to be wrong, they include rivets on the back that prevent them from sitting flush in the caliper. Now I really wanna kill Counter Guy. Him and the part store can take a long walk off a short pier. In a fit of frustration, I just ordered the Wilwood dual piston caliper kit. Hopefully, that problem is solved. Since the brakes are on hold, I went ahead and buttoned up the new steering components and got it all lubed. Pics of the almost finished front end below:
Attached Images

BrentBTK is offline   Reply With Quote