View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 07:52 PM   #2
scott123

Re: re-painting cost for a 1970 Blazer

I recently bought a project mid stream and it had some paint supplies in the deal. I added to it to spray the inside of mine this past week.

Amounts will be determined by if it is an inside and out spray or complete change of color, etc,

I painted the inside of my bed, the bed floor, the inside of the cab area, the inside of the hood and the inside of the fenders.

In reverse order.....

The primer sealer and activator was $125. The gallon of Nason paint was $299 plus 2 quarts of reducer which totaled $368. I also paid a tad over $50 for the hardener. I used a 1/2 gallon of speedo kote high solids clear that is $149 for the clear and the additive.

For the inside of the body after stripping I shot two coats of epoxy primer, with one coat of slick sand and then one coat of 2K primer surfacer. Those 2 gallons were a bit over $100 a piece.

The outside the same, except I used two coats of slick sand, and am now on the second coat of primer surfacer. ( I found some repairs underneath from the previous owner and i had to do some extra priming and sanding)

So to paint this Blazer myself I have bought two gallons of epoxy primer and two gallons of Slick Sand. I am now working on the second gallon of primer surfacer.

I will need another full gallon of base coat and a quart of sealer and maybe a quart more of the speedo kote clear.

From metal to color I am thinking I will have $1700 or so in supplies. Minus maybe $400 or so of materials that came with the project truck. And minus maybe a 1/2 gallon of Slick Sand and Epoxy primer left over.

There are cheaper routes on the paint and much mor expensive routes as well. I think I kinda sorta landed in the middle.

S
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote