View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 01:39 PM   #2
howzzzit

Re: Trim / Mounting Holes....What should I do?

I will be replacing mine on my 72 C10 after paint. I purchased the wood grain lower and upper molding from Mar K. When I removed the old molding none of the adhesive spots were still adhered to the metal. Understandable with 50 year old adhesive. I think the 3M adhesives are pretty good stuff. What I'm going to do is use both the push ins and adhesive like original. I saved the old adhesive clips and wire wheeled off the old dried adhesive. Came off like powder. I'll do the same to the Mar K stuff as it's been in the carton for 10 plus years. (I'm slow) I'll then apply the 3M emblem adhesive to the plastic clips. I'll probably use extra adhesive clips down the bed sides in case of an adhesive failure. Don't know about yours, but the short bed uses adhesive strips on the upper molding except for the two end connections. I'm sure someone on the forum has some ideas. Keep everyone posted.

OOPS! Sorry, after looking at your truck we're talking two different animals. Oh well someone will help you.
howzzzit is offline   Reply With Quote