View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
SnowNeck

Re: Help, Loud engine noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy3+3 View Post
Definitely sounds like something tied to your drive train if the noise gets worse when the motor is under a load.

I chased a noise under the hood once. I replaced everything and it was still there. It ended up figuring out that it was the fan clutch. You might check that. They will wobble and chatter when they start to go bad. Grab your fan and see if the fan & shaft wobble any when trying to move it up and down.
Alright funny you say that, this morning for ****s and giggles before i left in it for work i spread down the power steering V belt and pulleys. Got in the truck and drove the noise wasn't there. Peddle to the floor going up hill. it returned when I left work this evening. But its a relief to know its not internal. Now, after reading your post i'm bout to head out side and see if i can wiggle around the fan at all. If that checks out okay, I'm thinking maybe its the pulleys or one of the 3 or just a ****ty belt, which is surprising considering its from napa. What are your thoughts?