View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
jocko

Re: New 2001 in the barn :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
Very nice find! I have an 06 GMC regular cab 8.1 that I put amp research power steps on. Just have to cut down a pair of extended/crew boards. I put black stepbars on mine when I bought it, lasted for about 4 weeks and then put the amp boards on.
Thanks very much for sharing - can you post some close-ups of them when they are "up" with doors shut? So you just chopped the end to make them the right length? I always wondered if amp made reg cab steps, but hadn't looked yet.

You've inspired me Ha. I really don't like my tube bars.. they are NOT growing on my. I have a buddy that is gonna buy amps for his dodge and said he'd give me his pair of kodiak sidewinders (good friend!). I sure wish they still made those brand new. amps aren't inexpensive, but they might be the ticket. Would love to see some more pics of your truck too. Did you level the front? I'm on the fence. If you happened to use new t-keys, am curious how that compared to the original ride. I don't want to just crank my stock torsion bars up and stiffen the ride up and git bouncy, but am curious if the ride with aftermarket leveling torsion keys is worse than a stock one also. My front wheelwell lips are actually 2.5" lower than the rears.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote