View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #127
moregrip

Re: my C10 project....building a truck from a heap of parts

Update:

Since I need/ed to create more room in the garage (family stuff adds up!) to allow me enough space to really dive into this project, I came up with a plan to build a shed on the side of the house. Well along with that came repainting the trim on our home, a concrete side walkway to the pool, various small stucco repairs, and an in ground pull-up bar for the boys.....(she got me!)

Note to Self: digging two 3ft deep holes in heavily rock filled dirt is not fun......at all (what was I thinking!)

I just put in for a week off work to go ahead and get the exterior paint completed, pull-up bar in the ground, redo landscaping lighting/irrigation, and get the concrete pad poured for the shed.

Bought one of those Harbor Freight Concrete mixers to get the job done.....should be fun right?

I think I will actually have fun building the shed though....be good to run some nails through my Hitachi Nail Gun again!

So that gets us up to date, basically doing a lot of non truck build related stuff so I can get back to the build with the room I'll need to really get this thing going!

Oh, made one more purchase I should mention.........been wanting to learn how to machine for many years now; sort of a retirement promise/goal to myself.....Grizzly G0704 Mill enroute!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)

Last edited by moregrip; 06-19-2018 at 04:44 PM.
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote