View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 03:46 AM   #12
dennislbrooks

Re: 1959 GMC Fleet - 2wd to 4wd

I am ready to pull the T10 and replace with a 350 TH and NP208. I did pull the stock modified steering column and installed an auto tilt steering column. It was less expensive to get an auto tilt than to get an auto floor shifter -- plus I get the tilt and better turn signal features. I was surprised the 59 wheel and horn fit and function - not sure on the canceling cam functioning working yet. Don't ask yet about any rear engine crossmember interference.

I suspect near the end it will be modified with a piece of casing (square or round) as it is a support for the rear front leaf spring hangers even tho I do not use it to support the trans or engine.--- have not got that far yet. In truck/frame modification may be difficult -- I do not want to remove to modify but may be the case.

I was told of a 55-59 napco setting in a barn close around here. I may make an effort to just go see it and get some pics.

I am changing the tilt, turn, and flasher knobs to black ends like a 67. Fortunately the shifter arm is chromed steel as I had to bend it for more dash clearance. I used a torch flame and did little noticeable damage to the chrome. I may sandblast the end of it to make it black with something.

I know this build is nothing new or spectaular but sometimes I receive some good ideas from you guys that fit my budget.

I am making a trip to Atlanta towards the end of October and can pull the 18 foot car hauler behind the K2500 if needed or other.
Attached Images

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 09-25-2020 at 05:25 AM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote