View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #21
Thanos

Re: Gas Tank Relocation-Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo26 View Post
So, I have a 72 C10 that I am looking to restore to its original beauty and was curious what everyone's thoughts were on relocating the gas tank from the cab to where the spare tire would be (for example). I want to update everything but keep things looking original for the most part. Backwards thinking I guess. I was just curious about what everyone has done or has seen. I have thought about replacing the tank and keeping it in the original location in the cab and have also thought of relocating the tank to the rear while keeping a mock filler neck in the factory location for the stock appearance and having a hidden filler neck for the relocated tank elsewhere (flush with the base of the bed or something). Thoughts?
Doing that myself, I never cared for the tank behind the seat. We are fabricating a 30 gallon aluminum fuel tank to fit inside the class V hitch and run new fuel lines.We are going to have it set up for carb and drop in pump for the later 8.1.

Removed the filler neck and both side doors so we can stream line the body and place the filler hose under a latch in the bed.Have pictures soon.
Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote