View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #410
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
SOOO Glad I just found this thread! And Thank You for posting it! I just received my HP Tuners kit and have two trucks to use it on. 2014 5.3 6l80 Sierra SWB and my 72 Blazer 5.7 T56. The Blazer still needs a fuel system so I can tinker with my Sierra and disable the AFM DOD and maybe a set of headers and exhaust. I have not read all the posts here yet but am working on it. I am guessing I am going to need a few thumb drives...
Thanks mate, not sure how your post got by me, always happy to hear about another HP Tunerista. Just so you know the 2014 is a bit of a different animal than the Gen III 1997-2007 LS engines this tutorial was written for. Yours is a Gen IV and I think its a bit more complicated especially when it comes to the ignition timing tables as they introduce virtual timing curves, etc. Also I think the PCMs are different and use different plugs.

Anywho, can you customize your tunes on stock OEM cars in Florida, I know we can't here in California cause of our bianual SMOG checks?

Last edited by Gregski; 01-17-2022 at 08:46 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote