View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #198
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I've been following you build and I would like to know if you ran into any issues when you flipped the center crossmember? I was considering buying a new dropped crossmember but I might change my mind after seeing what you did. I've seen builders just flip the trailing arm mounts (which is a lot of rivets to remove!) but not the whole crossmember.
If I remember right, there's 12 rivets to remove the T/A crossmember. There's doubler plates on the bottom of the frame rail that have four rivets each. I already had the crossmember out of it so it was easier to flip it than take the T/A mounts off. If you take the mounts off though, you can easily fab brackets that are adjustable. I don't have my trans in yet to check for driveshaft clearance at full drop, but I'll probably have to raise the top of loop to clear the shaft. The biggest reason I had it out was I wanted to get rid of the rivets and weld the crossmembers back in to get rid of flex. It would probably be easiest to just take the brackets off if your's is already together.
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote