View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #9
ray_mcavoy

Re: Starter switch wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsaint24 View Post
I'll below is what I have found online. To what do the brown brown and green wires go? I don't have the green ones. Is that the Nss? This a 4spd. Thank you all for the help!
As VetteVet explained earlier, the brown & green wires you're seeing off to the right in that photo you found online are:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
You should have a couple of smaller brown or tan wires connected to GND terminal and if you have the idiot light dash cluster you should have a set of dark green wires connected to another GND terminal. The brown/tan wires are for checking the brake warning light and the green wires are for checking the temperature light in the idiot light cluster. These wires are not connected to the hot wires in the IGN switch at all and they just ground to the chassis when the key is turned to the start position.
The lack of green wires on your ignition switch is normal if your truck has the full gauge cluster instead of warning lights.

Also, in taking a second look at the photo of your ignition switch connector you posted earlier, I noticed that your pink ignition wire appears to be connected to the "G-1" ground terminal instead of where it's supposed to be on the "IGN" terminal. The pic you found online does have the pink wire in the correct location.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote