View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #73
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Why a 2 piece driveshaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
engineers do things for a reason. may be they study the tea leaves or cat guts on the highway. long drive shafts can get whippy at speed. also remember that drive shaft angle can change based on loads. I dont know but i'm betty on the cat gut theory
I had forgotten I was subbed to this thread, how strange I was notified of an update to this thread at the same time I'm facing a 2 piece driveshaft dilemma on my '72 custom/10 LWB with factory overload rear leaf suspension. I had removed the driveshaft a couple years ago to rebuild the 350 sbc, I had to remove the actual center bearing support bracket from the frame in order to remove the driveshaft. Now I can't remember which of the two 4-bolt bracket mounting locations (heightwise) is the correct one for my vehicle. I do have the factory assembly manual and it does not define which of the two is correct. It does differentiate between the two based on RPO#'s but only for 1968 vehicles, with no mention anywhere else in the entire book of any other production years.
Picture for reference and clarification on which holes I'm referring to.
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote