View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #256
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Updates as I grind my way to getting the truck running. Wiring is nearly done. I bought a kit from Rex at Affordable Street Rods. I was really nervous about wiring as I'd never done it but it was pretty straightforward. Wires were all marked very well, great instructions, and Rex is always available to resolve my confusion and explain things very patiently. I obviously have some wire cleanup and routing to take care of still.

You can see next to the fuse panel I have installed a Delco generic under dash pedal park brake. I used a Wilwood (probably Lokar) set of rear cables to hook up my inner e-brakes in the 9" rear and had Control Cables make me a custom front cable to connect the Delco to Wilwood stuff. Routed it out the floor thru a grommet and there's another set of holes and grommets letting it pass in and out of the wheel well and under the cab.

I installed a relay, the fan fuse, and the engine wiring harness fuse panel on the inner fender and routed the PCM and giant wire harness out into the wheel well. Traded my nasty dirty old alternator in for a clean rebuilt. Got my Cooling Components fan installed (left side of the third pic) and wired. Love the fan as it came with a very clean full shroud and seems to be a quality piece.

Also installed a set of Summit remote battery terminals low on the pass side firewall. My battery is in a drop box behind the pass side running board but good luck ever getting to it on the road. I made all my battery connections at the terminals.

Wired in and plumbed the trans cooler - went with a Derale like Mike on his '50. No pics as it's all buried underneath. Note to remember: there's a thermostat right at the top on the cooler that routes over the frame rail. This would have been a whole lot easier to wire before the cab was on...

I am just about done with the Vintage Air install as well. Got it installed earlier and the duct and wiring connections are now made. I painted the vent panels and installed them under the dash. Yes - I agonized over this for a while as I would prefer some vents that blended in better but this is what I have and I think it looks much better painted to match the dash.
Attached Images