View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
RKS0069

'62 GMC 3/4 ton project

Hi
I'm new around here and am finding this is a great forum with a ton of knowledge.

Thought I'd share the plans I have for my truck. I have a 1962 GMC 3/4 ton long bed two wheel drive 4 on the floor . Truck is all original except the 305 v6 has been replaced by a 350 v8 and the front end and brakes have been rebuild. I plan to build this truck into a reliable everyday work truck for me to run a small electrical contractors shop. I have the front end,hydra boost, pump and gear box from an 81' Chevy c30 dually and will retain the factory Dana 60 and fresh drums out back. The cab bed and fenders will come off and rust will be repaired but I'm not building a show truck so minimal time will be spent making things straight. All the rubber will be replaced. I want to cover every inch of this truck in POR-15 just to see how it works, Truck will be two tone, gloss black on flat black. Cab floor will have a bed lining, wood bed will be replaced with 3/4 inch marine grade plywood then bed lining as well. I've owned this truck for ten years now and I am happy to finally have the means to build her as I see in my dreams.

Edit, So a few things have changed, I'm not going to paint it black anymore, I now want to save as much original paint as possible and match the patina as best I can in the areas that get major repair so the rockers and the roof. I'm also not replacing the bed with plywood or bed liner, I have new pine bed boards and non polished stainless strips from Mar-K as well as some of their bed sheet metal. I'm also biting the bullet and going out with the sm420 and in with a new overdrive transmission.

Last edited by RKS0069; 12-28-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Changed a few things about the way this build is heading.
RKS0069 is offline   Reply With Quote