View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #24
RKS0069

Re: 62' GMC 3/4 ton project

Well I'm in Oregon for a couple weeks. Moved my wife and daughter to OR in October but I've been in California trying to get my truck and some other jobs done. making good progress but can't wait to get back and build the rolling chassis.

I'm almost finished up with the passenger side sheet metal repair. It did not have much rust but some ass "me" crashed a trailer into the truck a few years ago and bent things up fairy bad. I'm just happy I was able to make the door fit okay. I have minimal welding experience and this is my first time with sheet metal, hopefully the other side comes out nicer.

I was toying with building a frame rotisserie for a long time now and finally just did it. I wish I would have done it from day one! It would have made sandblasting a hell of a lot easier. I was able to get POR15 and a top coat on the frame (sorry no picture of the black yet)on the 18th before flying to Portland on the 19th. The paint will be fully cured and I can start building the chassis as soon as I get back on the 3rd. Also I'm really looking forward to getting my brand new NV4500 to fit.Fingers crossed!!!

So I know its the wrong years but I found this old picture of my other truck from when I was 17 and it was still in one piece. We brought the '72 (most of it so far) to Oregon and plan to finish building it there. Going to finish building the '62 in California and then use it to drag a bunch of tools and truck parts 700 miles north to my new house in Clackamas.
Attached Images

2011 GMC Sierra LML Z71 crewcab shortbed
RKS0069 is offline   Reply With Quote