View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #69
Robznob11

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
This is the truth. I've worked in dealerships for over 20 years and I see the majority of alignments are a toe adjust only. It isn't even hard to adjust camber usually, but caster isn't always adjustable. People are just in a hurry and care more about quantity than quality.
I aligned my stock height C1500 years ago at about -.25 camber, +1.5 caster, and toed in a little bit. I could probably add a little more caster, but it drives fine as it is. If I decide to change it, I'll have to go get some shims. The shop I currently work for doesn't have any, even though some of the older vehicles we work on require them for adjustment.
As far as doing an alignment without an alignment machine and rack, I think it could be fairly close, but definitely not perfect. Even slightly off can cause a crooked steering wheel, a pull, or tire wear. The best bet is to find somebody that knows what they are doing and has access to the proper equipment.
I think you would be surprised how accurate you can get it if you buy the tools to do accurate measurements ( not just string) racers have been using these kits for years for track side adjustments. Even though technology has greatly improved they still sell bubble levels every day , why caus they are accurate. Jkjkjk. But they offer the DIY kits with lasers and digital levels too. Just what ever you prefer. For me well I don't have a choice my suspension is so far from stock no one will touch it. Maybe I just live in to rural of an area...but hey...I prefer a little more than a toe alignment any how. I can do that any time right at home.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 04-15-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote