Thread: OH Bucket seat braces
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #13
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Bucket seat braces

Quote:
Originally Posted by old51sedan View Post
I may be interested in one of your bucket seat braces, but I personally ( and maybe others) don't know that much about bucket seat installation. Not meaning to high jack your post, but I feel they kind of go together.
I have a set of original buckets, I have not tried to install yet, but have the feeling they just do not fit in the same holes as the bench seat. Not to sound silly, but I take it that this braces goes on the inside of the truck and bolts to either the front set of holes or the rear set, is this correct.
You need to educate some of us new guys on how this brace works, it may help sell you product if we know more about it. Thanks!
If your truck came with a bench seat from the factory then the holes for the buckets are in a different place. The brace only works for the inside front holes of the buckets. You need to remove the outboard front and rear braces and replace them with bucket seat braces. If you have a factory console when you get down to the bare floor you will see 4 dimples in the floor when the console bolts too.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote