Thread: 55.2-59 my '59 short bed build
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #93
1-ton of fun
polishing a turd

Re: my '59 short bed build

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
no need for a tubing notcher (unless you just want one) you could use 3/4" sq tubing, angle or flat plate to make a torque arm. i guess i'm a diy type

yeah, my rear axle is an 86 trans am with the torque arm boss on the punkin
I am very much a diy type, but I want a clean finished look also. This part will be highly visible due to the amount of lift the truck has, and not sure if I’m keeping it or selling it to help fund my 47 gmc and 53 Buick builds. I think round tube, notched with bushing ends welded in so it can unbolt from the rear end for who knows why...if I keep this truck, I’ll likely upgrade the axles to 1-tons, so I want that to be somewhat of a straightforward swap as well. Also considering if an axle gets bent or damaged in any other way where the housing needs to be replaced, it’s just a matter of welding new brackets and shock mounts on the new axle and that’s it.

53 buick special - straight 8 sled - blow through turbo
47 gmc - flatbed hot rod build
99 ford econoline e350 - 4x4 converted family roadtrip/overlanding rig AKA 'Monstervan' AKA 'Daddy-Van'
1-ton of fun is offline   Reply With Quote