View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #452
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
I drove the Blazer to a show last weekend about 2 hours away from my house. Once I got off the interstate, it didn't want to shift through the gears anymore. It pulled fine in gear, just didn't want to shift without winding it out in each gear and letting off of the gas completely. I ended up spending 6 hours on the road Sunday to drive home, get the diesel and the trailer, drive back to load the Blazer, then drive home and park it in the garage. I "believe" it may be the governor or some trash in the valve body, so that is this weekend's plans.

I am getting tired of the issues that I seem to keep having with this automatic, and I really didn't want to get rid of the manual in the beginning, I just wanted an overdrive. I have gotten a couple of quotes and I am leaning hard towards putting a TKO-600 in it and never have to worry about it again... except for a worn out clutch.
Hmmm.... it’s been years since I had a t350, but check the vacuum lines to the modulator. A crack or hole or getting knocked loose will stop it from shifting.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote