View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
F.A.A.benny

Re: I want stock AC, what do I need to know?

If you want to use 134a, its best to use a parallel flow condenser instead of the original tube and fine design that came from the factory. Also want to recalibrate the poa valve. Most guys don't like the poa delete(or update) kits which turn the system into a cycling system. Id get a new heater core but you can flush and pressure check the evaporator to see if it can be used. A new one will cost almost as much as the entire system you plan on buying. Personally, I would not buy an entire system, especially at that price. since quite a few things may need to be replaced. I would buy the ac and heater boxes. Some of the duct work if it was in good shape but take a good look at the distribution duct that bolts directly to the heater box. The blend door is often broken most times and that duct new is over $100. Take a look at the button switch on it as well because that little switch is $40 if you cant locate another used one. You don't need the metal duct as it exactly the same as the one in your heater only system. Check the control panel to make sure the levers aren't broken. You can get repair kits but it can help negotiate a lower price. I wouldn't purchase the drier, condenser, hoses or compressor. I would however take the aluminum hard lines as they fit waaaaay better that the aftermarket but make sure the fittings aren't seized up. New hoses are around $150 or so. You can get a new aluminum A6 replacement compressor to replace the old steel one so you can retain the original brackets and original style hoses. Sure a sanden is less expensive but kind of a wash after you factor in the brackets it needs as well as needing to alter your hose setup.
F.A.A.benny is offline   Reply With Quote