View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 12:14 AM   #524
68Bowtie4x4

Re: Windsield Wiper Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Apparently, the original builder of these will not be making any more.

I sent the unit I had to board member 68Bowtie4x4 to scrutinze & resume building them for other members. That was around the beginning of Jan 2022 so I'm not sure where he's @ on the project.

Perhaps Doug will share what the status is on his journey.
I have one unit built (for SCOTI), but it hasn't been tested for functionality yet.

I don't have any 67-72 Chevy/GMC pickups, so I don't have a test vehicle to test each unit before they are considered "ready for sale". My friend gave me a complete wiper motor, wiper switch, and wiper wiring harness a couple months ago, so now I can build a test environment to test each unit before they can be sold. I just need to build a bench to set it all on and test each unit.

I've had a couple of health issues in last 1 1/2 years, and I just had my 2nd stent put in my heart on 11/9/23. I'm scheduled to go to cardiac rehab next week, and I will start feeling better once I get things back to normal. I'm still having some residual shortness of breath with regular activity.

I will get the 1st unit tested, and if it's 100% functional, which I anticipate it being so, then I will build the 2nd unit ASAP. These first (2) units, go to SCOTI as I already promised them to him.

Sorry for the huge delay but having a couple unforeseen mild heart attacks have set me back somewhat. Luckily I have a heated and AC shop that will allow me to get these wiper delay units built once I'm able to test each unit for functionality.

Doug