View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #42
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Looking through the parts board today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
When scrap prices hit $250 a ton is when it seems to have all started around here anyways. Used to be able to get rusty junk trucks for free as most people would have to pay or get nothing to get rid of them. Shortly after the scrap prices went up people wanted $500 for what used to be free. And every junk yard scrapped all their big vehicles. I remember going to my favorite yard and the entire chevy truck/van section was completely wiped out

I guess this happens to every generation. I bet in the 70s and 80s people sold off their 69 camaros or gto judges for a few hundred bucks
When scrap prices were up that high I hauled in my F800 auger truck that i had been trying to sell on Craigs list. Had been on over a year with no serious interest. It only had 90K miles, automatic Cat diesel and AC. Had it listed for 2K dollars and could not move it. Took it to the scrap yard and the gave me $2800 and I got to keep my auger bit that was on it.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote