View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970
Newb to forum, Hi how are you....
I was looking at the preface to the LMC Blazer catalouge and it mentioned that in the early Blazers you had a tailgate standard with the utility version. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and specificaly if they somehow "cabbed" off the blazer. I would like to seal off the back of my '81 4x4 to create a sort of ultra-shortbox. Anyone tried this? I was thinking of finding a donor truck cab and cutting the back off then fabbing something, but this seems like a LOT of work...
I also have seen a website for a company that had what I believe was a fiberglass part to seal off the cab but it was pretty expensive and sealed flush, which would limit the room inside the cab.
The 69-72's there was a Half cab kit available. Just had a steel pannel you installed and a half top.That was a full convertable truck. Not sure there were any kits available to do that on a truck like yours. I have seen a K5 that had a top that made it look like a extended cab but unsure if it was a kit or a home brew deal.

http://www.usbody.com/ has some tuf that can be used on the full tops.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote