Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #113
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by neolowrider View Post
did you say you where guna paint with a lil compresser? i wouldnt. 1 a small one will never be able to keep up with the ampunt of air u need to paint. 2 when it runs low you get spater and u dont want that. 3 most small comp. dont has water seperation. 4 a small tank will suck in over spray and push it back out through the gun and make the paint look bad. plus it will get inside the comp and can make it run harder and hotter and even break it.

if you are going to paint with it i would rec that u use low pressure gun, put the comp outside away from where u are painting. mix all yur paint at once but spray each section one at a time. this will keep u from trying to push your self and running short of air. sweep up real good and wet everything down and sweep again. keep the ground and whatever you can wet while you paint in your area to keep dust from flying around and getting everywhere. good luck with the build and paint.
Yes i did say small compressor, and not to be rude but yes it will work. I have talked to multiple people and read numerous articles about spraying with a 'small' compressor. I compared the CFM ratings of my gun(s) with the compressor and it will be fine. If i start to run out of air ill wait 30 seconds and ill have my air pressure back.
As for the water separators i have one inline one that works well for my air sander and will buy another to mount right on the tank, then have the 'orange ball' paint gun filters. So moisture will not be a problem.
About the overspray getting sucked into the compressor, it wont be in my booth so that is a non-issue. I dont know why one would even do that, i have a 50 foot air hose that i will run under the plastic in my booth. Additionally i have a filter on my compressor.
I bought an HVLP from devilbiss so i know the gun will work. I dont know if you read or even if i said it but i will be priming at the home garage and doing the final coat at a body shop. I can rent it from the guy as i know him and went to HS with his son.
I have painted everything you see in the pictures but the frame so i know what it takes to prep a paint booth for paint.
Again, not trying to be rude and thanks for the tips but ive got it covered
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote