View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #7
MidLifer

Re: In-cab tank fuel pump rig

This picture hopefully helps you, Tork. I used a small rubber grommet, I drilled a 1/4" hole and ran the wires through it, then as you can see I gunked it up with RTV. I did that later on with the seat installed which is why it's such a mess. I was getting a gas smell in the cab, and didn't realize it was because I did not use PTFE AN hose. That was really what pushed me over the edge to move the tank out of the cab. The ethanol gas vapor goes right through rubber hose. Rookie mistake (even after 8 years of tinkering with this truck!).

For the return line I drilled through the dimple in the baseplate and brazed the line to it. The flexible line attached to the end of the return line was just a hack to make it easier to get the whole assembly through the hole in the tank. First you feed the float, then the fuel pump while holding that rubber hose to the side, then you stick the hose in and wah-lah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
Wish I logged in last night to see this! I’ll be in line if it falls thru. For reference could you please share a pic of the baseplate and how you ran the pump harness through?
Attached Images

MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote