View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 12:10 AM   #129
JMD

Re: '67 K10 swb big block "The Mutt"

I guess it's been a minute since I've updated this thread, and a few things have changed with the truck, as well as in life. I quit my job about 6 months ago which has been a blessing in disguise. Unfortunately my work phone contained almost every picture I have of this build, so the pics on this thread are about all I have left.

As for the truck...
-The FTI transmission is a beast. Still some fine tuning to do but I love the harsh positive shifts.

-The wimpy electric cooling fan wasn't cutting it after the cam and head swap. I dropped the dough on a dual fan and shroud kit from Old Air Products. Super easy install and I'm happy with the way it cools. On hot days the temp still sits right at 200*, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the Autozone brand 2 core radiator.

-Finally installed some tail pipes. WOW, what a difference! The flowmaster 50 mufflers are almost too quiet now.

-I've never been thrilled with the Dodge Ram wheels currently on the truck, so I bought some cheap beauty rings to dress them up. Still polishing a turd but it's better than nothing.

-Wrapped the headers using some summit brand header wrap. It has made a huge difference with under hood heat

-Got the front driveshaft rebuilt and installed.

-It's developed a MASSIVE engine oil leak that I can't find for the life of me. After a 30 minute drive the rear glass and tailgate are dripping with oil. I'm hoping it's not the rear main seal again...
Attached Images