View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #138
JMD

Re: '67 K10 swb big block "The Mutt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geunther View Post
I think I am going to go with the Holley Sniper as well. I was getting ready to ask what you did for fuel then I read a few posts down. I have noticed that Holley has a drop in fuel pump designed for the 73 up saddle tanks. I believe it has the same size mount with ring as does our factory tanks. I am debating on ordering one of those to see if it can be modified for our tanks. I am unsure if there is room to insert the fuel pump because of the back of the tank.

Then of course there is having the pump in the tank and in the cab sound.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the Sniper, it’s a pretty sweet system and fairly user friendly. I think their claims of “plug and play” are a little bold though. Yes if you have an engine on a stand there is no doubt in my mind you can have it running within 10 minutes. However, to make it run well and be “streetable” in an actual vehicle there is quite a bit of tuning, wiring, and plumbing involved. Well worth it though, I’m pretty happy with it so far.

If the in-tank pump for the ‘73+ tanks are as quiet as their retrofit pumps, you won’t even know it’s in the cab with you. I think the problem you may run into is that you’ll have to fabricate a hanger with a sharp bend in it to clear the back of the tank. Plus you still have the issue of sloshing since there’s no way to add baffles to a stock tank.