View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 11:01 AM   #15
dagnabbitt

Re: 1981 SWB Stepside Build

Truck is back in the shop for the winter... although it is unseasonably warm here, I might be able to take it for one more spin next week.

It has been at the transmission shop for the last little while, though: the 700r4 needed some new parts. I apparently burned out the 2-4 bands. Since the trans build is 3-4 years old they did not want to warranty it for me, but I do go in to get my TV cable checked by them twice a year, so they gave me a slight break on the cost.

To console myself with this repair, I also had the rear gears changed. It was one wheel 307s before: now it is a posi with 373s. It really is a fun driving experience. It might just be my imagination, but the way it takes off from a dead stop is different, now. I also have to be careful going around corners, it wants to break loose and swing rear of the truck around.

I still, however, have an annoying oil leak coming from the back of the engine after I have run it. It is not the rear seal - trans has been in and out - so I am thinking it is the oil pan again. No oil when it sits, just when I have run it. Engine is clean. Oh well, we will figure it out.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote