View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #84
79SierraGrande

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
I haven't heard of any plans to develop specific components for the 4x4 applications at this stage Jeremy and it would be tough to do anything beyond engine mounts and headers due to all the different transmission, transfer case and rear axle combinations used by everyone. The C10 Hooker components definately won't fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the reply. I totally understand. Wishful thinking I guess on my part since a lot of these LS engines people are swapping are out of 4x4 trucks like the LY6 6.0L I got out of a 2011 Chevy 2500 HD. I just figured it made sense but I see your point.

Do you know of any header applications that people have been trying for totally different vehicles that may fit with a little coersion into the K10's? I'll likely have to try that because I don't think I can afford custom built headers unless you know some place that will do it for $1,000 or less. Cheapest I found so far was $2,450 from stainlessheaders.com. Ouch! Or do you think a shorty, block hugger header or factory manifold off say the Corvette might be the ticket?
79SierraGrande is offline   Reply With Quote