View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #47
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My truck is sick. Can someone recommend a mechanic to fix it for free and guarantee his work.

I have been ripped off by so many free mechanics, I don't trust them anymore.
I have a friend who will guarantee good honest free work. He's so honest if he thinks you don't trust him it makes him so mad he'll rip you off.

I had a guy fixing my brakes for free. He's a real nice honest guy and all (I thought). He makes me buy the shoes & pads and I do. Next thing I know he's telling me the grease looks ancient in the bearings and he needs to remove, clean, and pack new grease in them and now I have to spend more money on seals and grease! He even acted like it was my fault the grease got that way. It probably would have been cheaper to just go to a real shop and pay full price. At least they would have just done the pads and shoes!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-17-2017 at 05:51 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote