View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #34
UniqueOdyssey68

Re: Project: UniqueOdyssey:'68C10-possibly one of the longest builds, unique stories.

Challenge I have been having is getting bellhousing bolt holes to line up on the block.
1. There is no bolt hole in block immediately right of the top 12 o'clock bolt.
Maybe that is normal based on different block/bellhousing designs and GM
plant builds..? Hmm.
2. The passenger side bottom bolt near oil pan/starter doesn't line up (see pic). Took off the starter - same, seems off by an inch or so.
I did swap the original truck pan out to the GMPP hot rod/muscle car H3
pan - but my measurements of the bottom pan bolt holes is the same, so
that shouldn't be an issue. Hmm.
3. All bolts on the drivers side line up perfect.
4. Dowel pins good shape & line up.

Done tons of research, ensured torque converter is seated, gaps seem ok, flexplate matches torque converter, torque converter snout fits into crank hole, etc. My neighbor thinks the bellhousing is wrong for block. But I don't think so based on all the stuff on the Interwebs about mating 2000-current 4L60e to LS blocks, they should all bolt up. Hmm.

I'm hoping maybe the torque converter snout is not aligned in the crank hole just right, or it's up against the flexplate and not even in the hole lol, and I just need to try again and see if the converter spins when I think it's lined up.

I found this mating trans to engine thread, posted here, hoping for any tips http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...errerid=182563
Attached Images

- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"

Last edited by UniqueOdyssey68; 09-06-2018 at 12:18 PM.
UniqueOdyssey68 is offline   Reply With Quote