View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #138
special-K
Special Order

Re: Things that annoy: "AC Works, but"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
Holy mackerel! I saw this one on Dregslist, and HAD to share it!

1971 Chevy Dump Truck. The truck was working when the engine went out. Needs an engine, tags are current. This would make a great farm truck, or small project truck.

"Was working when the engine was taken out" (What a relief! I thought that disembodied engine would NEVER run, wherever the Hell it is now. Knowing that this now-gone engine is running somewhere has made my day!)

"Needs an engine" (Wow! Golly! Gee! THAT never would have occurred to me! It can be used as a horse cart.)

"Would make a great ... small project truck" (A huge 1971 dump truck will make a SMALL project truck?!?!)

"Tags are current" (Nice! These will come in handy sitting in the yard with no engine!! FANTASTIC decorations!!)
I figure they are talking about the dump was working. Could also take it to be the truck was fully operational, only parked due to the engine blowing. To me this is good information I need to know. Dropping an engine in one of these trucks is a small project and finding used engines for these trucks is about as easy as it can be. Look at all the running engines coming out to swap in LS motors. Even better selection due to that.

I have a 350 on a stand that I pulled from a '71 C/20 in '04 when I parted it out. "Ran great when pulled". I'm the perfect guy for a truck that "Worked before the engine blew". Take that truck that worked when engine went and my engine that worked when the went and I'd have an easy truck
___
Ran when parked is a useful piece of info to me. It means it should only require attention to fuel delivery and ignition, if it won't start with a fresh battery and fuel. It means it wasn't parked because the motor blew up, like above,or the rear didn't lock up, the transmission didn't go out... it wasn't parked due to a mechanical issue. It means if it doesn't run it's only due to being parked. People ask "Why are you selling it" expecting to gain insight from an "honest" seller, but often is their cue to tell a BS story. "Why was it parked?" is a very important question I need answered.

___
The one that gets me is tires have hardly any wear, still has the nubs. Just has these small cracks starting. "That's nice, but I'd rather have barely any tread, nubs long gone, on a tire not about to fling off the rim"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote