View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #20
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: 292 Intake Port Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Your truck is exempt from inspection in California, as is any vehicle produced before the 1976 year model. I see vehicles all the time with the AIR equipment gone and plugs in the ports in the manifolds or heads. If they were less than 25 years old, then yes indeed the requirement was to reinstall the equipment, a waiver could be had for those people who were unable to pay for that due to low income. I wrote waivers occasionally back in the day. For a '75 model year vehicle, the last year for inspection would have been 2000. California stopped the rolling drop off at 2001, so '76 model year and newer vehicles still get inspected biennially.
Oddly enough my '68 still requires an emissions inspection for registration each year in Arizona. Any vehicle '67 or later. No drop off. I usually pass with the L6, sometimes I have to change out the Jets and needles in my AFB type carb to a leaner setting. [Then after passing, dial it back up for performance.] I had a 454 in a '67 K/10 Suburban, that was a beast to get thru emissions. The 350 in my '71 Jimmy was usually a Bad Boy too. I found a loophole -- by getting a Year-Of-Manufacture license plate, AND collector car insurance, the truck becomes emissions exempt. I have a Yellow/Black 1971 [69-72] AZ plate for the GMC. It's also a cheaper reg fee. I have also acquired a White/Black [66-68] AZ plate from a board member. I could use it either on my '68 which is a daily driver, or use in on the '67 Suburban when I rebuild that.[But not the 454.]

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote