View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #47
J Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Did you put seam seal back in the rain gutter?...it should have been like a brittle putty, newer seam sealer is a self leveling 2 part I think..not sure of the number..... I use polyurethane caulk in all the other seams....just some things that should be done before you start the top coats.....what kind of paint?..
So the old seam seal I cleaned out and sanded the gutter out. That was a pain! I was told to primer first, then seam seal prior to my top coats. Honestly haven’t decided what I am going to use for seam seal. I plan on using Limco single stage paint. I have read all the do this do that don’t do this don’t do that and I think single stage will be a lot easier for a beginner. Any wisdom on that is welcome.

I do have one question for you, I am about to start blocking this first round of filler primer. I just quickly took some 400 grit to a spot on my dash and the primer got baby butt smooth... do I want it that smooth before putting on my last coat of primer or would I be better off to have like a 180 grit sanding?
Posted via Mobile Device
J Williams is offline   Reply With Quote