View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #91
mister.freeze

Re: 1972 Blazer "SPECIAL EDITION" factory 396?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72shorbox View Post
A lot can happen with a vehicle over 42 years. I have a friend who had a 70 blazer with a 454 that he installed in the mid 70's that looked factory, he was an ASE mechanic that worked at the Chevy dealer. It would be interesting to see where the motor is set in relation to the firewall. I doubt the factory would have a guy massaging the firewall with a hammer to fit that motor. Another friend bought a '72 K2500 GMC from the original owner (local truck) that the dealer installed a crate 427 in in 1972 because the 350 didn't have the power to pull his camper like the salesman said it would. Unfortunately the guy I know who purchased this truck from the original owner removed the big block and put a small block back in it(he took a lot of heat over that). Dealer installed very possibly, factory installed doubt it.
Prior to my ownership, my 72 had a 454. It even had the 454 badging on the side. It was used to drag a sailboat from storage down a hill to a marina every spring and back up thw hill every fall. That's about all I know about it. The 350 when I bought it and the current stroker sit on the same crossmember. I can't fit an HEI distributor because of it.