View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #756
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
It's been a little over five months since my last post. Lots of water under the bridge since then. World of Wheels went off without a hitch and the wagon looked great in the booth with Hot Rod Express. We picked up an ISCA award for Outstanding Interior - Custom which was nice. Car has been parked ever since except for the other day when Kathy had a flat tire and I used it to transport the air bubble to the store where she was parked.

We have acquired two new "project" cars. One is a '65 Ford Fairlane we picked up in Fond du Lac, WI. The other is an '87 Buick Grand National. I hadn't planned on the Buick, but one of my oldest buddies called to ask if I would buy it from him. He's in very poor health and was diagnosed with dementia a few years ago. He remembers all the stuff we did together back in the 60's and 70's but can't recall what the doctors told him even a few hours ago. Anyway, we hauled an open trailer down to AL and picked it up along with the numbers matching engine that was originally in it. Also loaded up several boxes full of spare parts. He's still finding parts he squirreled away, and I received a big box full of stuff just today.

I'm pretty much out of space, so I'm contemplating running the wagon thru the Mecum auction at Dallas in September. Meanwhile, I'm tending to some much-needed repairs on the Buick. Feels good to get up in the morning and head down to the workshop with a cup of coffee in hand and a punch list to work on.

I plan to do a build thread on the Fairlane once I get lined out. I'll keep you posted.

I hate to see the wagon go. But I do like the new projects!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote