View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #117
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Re: Softop installation no Holes

Rob, Got the header and soft topper installed. I'm really impressed with the header and the soft topper workmanship and quality of material. Still belong to the “old-school” theory, it better last as long as I’m living and Made in the USA! In your case, made in Canada – I can live with that. I feel that this set-up will last a long, long time if maintained properly. One point that I would like to make is that, I did not have to modify any component on the OE blazer design or drill any holes to make the install complete. It can remove the soft topper set-up from the blazer; reinstall the auxiliary hard top at any time, just like the OE factory design. The only area that I strayed was that I used the aluminum header track bar attached to the header. I felt that this would give it extra strength (rigid) to the header design. I did not want any lifting of the header from the windshield frame as indicated in earlier photos. I achieved this, but I’m not sure if it was due to the modification. Any ways, I’m very pleased with the whole set-up. I’ve attached some pictures of the install, with the help of my son, it went rather well.
Attached Images

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)

Last edited by D.PASSMORE; 08-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote