View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #431
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

I've been puttering around with stuff that needs to be done, but doesn't have as much impact as big body panels. I decided to reinstall the accessories on the front of the engine and was in the process of giving the brackets a tune-up when I was hit by Moore's Law. If more is better, too much ought to be just right. While attempting to give the nickel plating a satin look, I spent too much time on the front of the AC bracket with the glass beads. Long story short, I ruined it and one other piece as well. Costly mistake, but I've decided to send them to Jonathon for powder coating and call it good.

The front of the fan pulley was bothering me, so I dug around in the scrap bin and found a piece of aluminum that I'd machined a long time ago as a steering wheel adapter for my 57 Ford. With a little work it became a cover for the front of the pulley which looks much better than four bolts and the pilot. Also finished welding out the patch in the dash where the stereo head will go.

Today was probably the last day the temperature will permit painting for a while. I needed to get the last of the pulleys painted and while I was at it, I went ahead and squirted the driveshaft and the shocks. I'll be glad I did it when the cold weather hits next week.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote