View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #39
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Nice ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the headers, could you rework the tube that is hitting, closer to the block? I digg that you are keeping it a step side!
Thanks!

Unfortunately, the steering shaft was hitting just downstream of the bend. So because of the routing into the collector, the only rework option would be to bash the tube in some. I felt it was a little more bashing than I wanted, so I opted to return the headers. Currently looking at ultimateheaders.com as an option. Also in some discussions with a couple builders who use No Limit chassis to see if they have any experience with big tube headers.

And never had any plans to go fleetside ... I love the step side too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob32472 View Post
Very nice! I ordered a chassis on the black Friday sale so I am just waiting Is there anything you have ran into with the chassis you did not expect?
Rock on! You'll love it. My only issue was due to using a stroked LS, but you'd have the same problem with a stroked SBC (well, using a 4" stroke, a shorter stroke would clear if it used a standard oil pan). The body fitment is awesome. I do need to do some trimming for the body bushings and I will need to drill a few holes for my bumpers, but that's minor stuff and to be expected. The only major things left for me to do is get a driveshaft fit and get exhaust. If you don't need a big tube header there are plenty of options to go with that should provide you the clearance you'll need. Just expect to run a mid-length header or manifolds. I think a long tube header in a No Limit chassis is a custom job no matter what motor and what size primary tube. Well, I've also got the motor slammed back as far as possible, so that brings the cab clearance into play. If you pushed the motor forward for a more drag racing setup, there are some G-body long tube headers that just might work, but the steering shaft starts getting more in the way with a more forward motor.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote