View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
MASTERBrian

Re: Mystery Plug, wires and hole in dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
The factory did not have the actual controller, just the wires to the hitch area. That is what those wires are for. The individual had to add the controller. Can't explain the holes in you AC box/duct, but some black gorilla tape will seal that up.
On certain trim levels they certainly did have a controller. There's a controller built into knee bolster. If you look at my picture of the knee bolster, part with hole drilled, you can see the factory controls molded in just towards the top of that pic.

The holes are where previous owner must have installed an aftermarket controller. Those instructions apparently hold true for adding an aftermarket controller in place of factory. The instructions I posted speak a bit about it....I just don't understand what they'd gain by going aftermarket over factory. My factory installed controller shows output gain and such on the In Dash Display.

My bad on saying the holes were in the duct, they are in a black plastic piece that the knee bolster screws into. On quick glance under it looked similar to duct in that it has a deflector of sorts molded in. No harm in them being there.

Last edited by MASTERBrian; 02-28-2020 at 04:09 PM.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote