View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: 'nother Blazer Chalet

Thanks, all. I'd heard of them for many years, but hadn't seen any in person until 2005, when I actively started looking for one. GM provided me with official production numbers for the Chevy versions, 688 in 1976 and 867 in 1977, and our guess for both years of the GMC Jimmy Casa Grande version is only 225, if the "total production figure" of 1780 cited in the blazerchalet.com web site is accurate.

General Motors probably thought it was a good idea also, considering the sales of the Toyota Chinooks (more or less the same design, different dimensions) were fairly good. Our speculation is that the campers were a tad too much for the Blazer's spring & axle setups and that "ye olde Government" suggested either all of them might need to be recalled or else production should just stop. Speculation only, though.....

Rare as they are, I doubt they would end up pricey like Yenko Camaros. I bought mine mostly for practical purposes (see pic below), but also for the aesthetics of it. Love that '70s styling........
Attached Images

77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote