View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
streetstar

A tale of 2 longbeds- and why i should stay off craigslist

I finally decided to begin squaring away my '69 GMC in earnest -- it was my high school truck , (I'm 46 y/o now ) -- but hasn't moved under its own pwer since 1996 --- I removed the front clip as I thought it would make it easier to repair the rusty rockers and floor sections --- and here it sits 21.5 years later (still have all the parts thankfully)

cute amateur rocker panel repair

poor thing had started to become a catch-all for equal parts junk and old trail bike parts

---------
I don't know what I was doing on craigslist , -- but these things happen -- I came across this machine and had to make the guy an offer

The truck is not perfect and has a few kinks to be worked out as its a decade old re-spray , -- but so far seems to have great driver potential-- need to square away the AC and a few other things, but not bad

And funny thing is --- rather than giving up on my old GMC, --- taking possession of this has given me a little more clarity and focus for my GMC project ----

I love the heavily optioned trucks, and had thought of making my GMC a Sierra Grande clone , --- but with this one to play with, I feel like I have the freedom to turn it back into the stripped down hot rod I originally envisioned when I was 16 years old.

Almost feels like the new truck has given me a re-newed sense of urgency to finish my old one -- funny how that goes

Nonsense! I'm in my prime

Last edited by streetstar; 01-18-2018 at 03:47 PM.
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote