View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #229
v-man

Re: 1988 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

Ok, research update. with concensus with my tree buddy-no diesel in the oil, and liquid coming from vent tube could be condensation, watery with no diesel smell. Most likely diesel leak is water/ fuel separator valve on fuel filter. right know the filter is a Napa 3379 and I'm assuming thats a stock valve on the bottom. The only aftermarket filters with built in valve are Napa 3472 gold, A wix 33472, and it looks like fleetgaurd make a similar one but not as easy as the other two. Would either of those other options be good or not.

On another note the V-Rig got a foot peddle mod. I noted about a 3/4 inch amount of play in pedal before throttle engaged. I placed a old split shot line sinker on the throttle cable at the foot feet end and now have no slop and it feels like a additional 60hp. I think this might have been part of my problem. I have so much carpet and pad that I think i was having trouble advancing the throttle. I'll wait for some hopeful responses before changing fuel filter
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote