View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #10
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Tail light bezel retaining clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolde View Post
That would be great Mel if you could post up a picture. I have done some searching and cannot find the proper installation of these clips. I have seen several post but not one of them looked correct to me. I know this has to be simple but I don't want to chance damaging my new bezels. Someone has to have a good picture. Thanks Alex
Well I went through all of the old used pull off tail light bezels and only found this one single with an OE mounting clip still installed, makes sense as they usually stay clipped into the bedsides after bezel removal. I then went out to have a look at a few of our trucks and also took some pics, found the OE push in clips to all be mounted the same direction (five trucks in all) which also matches the one clip still intalled on the above pictured tail bezel. Note the outer most rearward facing tab on each OE clip (towards bezel), it's pointed the same direction on all of these trucks, coincidence I doubt as to rotate the clip you would have to remove lens. Mel
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote